AN EASY TAKE ON ADVANCING TECHNOLOGY
Designed for those who want a sleeker device, the 50R Mesh Intercom™ headset continues Sena’s affinity for advancing adventure and keeping people connected on the road.
- Mesh 2.0
- Bluetooth 5 enabled
- Updated and redesigned speakers
- Support of multi-language voice commands
- Digital assistant access
- Fast charging time reduced by 30%
- A simplified layout with three-button functionality
- Official Communication Device of the Int. GS Trophy 2020
Mesh 2.0 brings with it a robust communication network, keeping you connected with other riders thanks to a stronger connection to each person and a communication response time improved by 25% from its previous iteration. It also introduces different ways to connect with other riders. Make your own group in Group Mesh and invite up to 24 participants or use Open Mesh and listen in to virtually anyone on Mesh Intercom™. Up to 6 people can talk simultaneously while others listen in. Multi-Channel Open Mesh intercom debuts an industry first: Channels! With 9 channels available in Open Mode, you can switch to a new frequency and continue the conversation with a new group.
REDESIGNED SPEAKERS FOR A NEW LISTENING EXPERIENCE
Thanks to advancements in technology, the 50R features speakers that have been optimized in both size and sound. The speakers are slightly slimmer and trimmed around the edges so that the rider feels more comfortable when wearing their helmet. Audio output remains the high point for our speaker design, delivering crisp and clear sound quality at a volume 7% louder than previous models.
MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT AND DIRECT DIGITAL ASSISTANT ACCESS GIVE YOU TOTAL CONTROL
“Hey Siri, directions to the nearest hotel.” The 50R connects to Google Assistant and Siri, letting you access your phone’s digital assistant directly with voice commands. Multi-language support, including English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and Russia, lets you speak in your preferred language. No matter which of those languages you speak, the 50R has you covered.
THE WIFI ADAPTER KEEPS YOUR HEADSET FULLY CHARGED AND UPDATED
The 50R comes packaged with the WiFi Adapter. The adapter serves a dual purpose as it recharges your device and automatically installs firmware updates it receives. Take care of a one-time setup and the adapter is ready to go. Enjoy up to three hours of Mesh Intercom or five hours of Bluetooth Intercom with a quick charge of 20 minutes!
A BRAND-NEW SENA SMARTPHONE APP TO COMPLEMENT THE LATEST CHANGE
A brand-new device with the latest updates in technology spurred us into developing a brand-new app to go along for the ride. The modernized SENA 50 Utility App sports a fresh look and packs various features that make riding and connecting with others an easy matter.
- Mesh 2.0
- Bluetooth 5.0
- HD Speakers
- Voice Commands
- Intercom 2km
- Multi-Way Intercom
- WiFi Firmware Updates
- Advanced Noise Control
- FM Radio
- Remote Control Compatible
Differences Between the SENA 50R and 50S
- The 50S uses Sena’s tried-and-true Jog Dial with a new design to operate the headset. The 50R uses Sena’s 3-button design to operate the headset.
- The 50S can be mounted on a helmet using the included clamp kit. If the clamp kit can’t be equipped for any reason then the Glued Surface Mounting Adapter can be used to mount the headset on the outside of the helmet. The 50R can be mounted on a helmet using the included hook and loop fasteners, double sided adhesives or the clamp kit.
- The 50S includes 3 types of microphones, the boom microphone, the wired boom microphone and the wired microphone. The 50R includes 2 types of microphones, the wired boom microphone and the wired microphone.
- The 50S has a slightly larger battery than the 50R.
- The talk time for the 50S is 9 hours in Mesh Intercom and 14 hours in Bluetooth Intercom. The talk time for the 50R is 8 hours in Mesh Intercom and 13 hours in Bluetooth Intercom.
- The clamp kit on the 50S includes an AUX port for a non-Bluetooth MP3 player. The 50R does not include an AUX port.
- The 50S clamp kit includes a built-in 3.5mm earbud port so that you can use your own earbuds for audio rather than the included high quality speakers. The 50R does not include a built-in 3.5mm earbud adapter. However, the 50R is compatible with the 10R Earbud Adapter Split Cable (part #: 10R-A0101) so that you can use your own earbuds for audio rather than the high quality speakers.